We have so much going on at this time. The blog seems to be the first thing to get put off followed by a number of other things. We are awaiting the birth of our first granddaughter. I have been busy getting their room ready & running to appoints 2-3 times a week which are 140 miles from where we live. Its been a long journey with premature labor for a few months. I thought I’d at least share a recipe I recently made that is perfect for the doldrums of winter. I know it sounds funny but if you like mango & avocado you must give it a try!
Mango Avocado Salad
- 2 Mangoes, chopped into chunks
- 2 Avocados, chopped into chunks
- 1 Red Onion, chopped small
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped into ½” pieces (red, orange or yellow)
- 1 Jalapeño, diced finely
- 1 Bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 2-4 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Prep all ingredients as listed.
- Gently combine all ingredients. Add salt & pepper to taste.
I participated in Apartment Therapy’s cure during the month of January. One of the projects I worked on was the cupboards above our washer & dryer. It is a narrow, dark area and one of the first things you encounter as you enter our house. I painted the cupboards white inside and out, took the cupboard doors off and gave the walls a fresh coat while I was at it. What a difference! I used Benjamin Moore ‘Super White’. I rolled it on with a foam roller and used Floetrol which helps prevent brush and roller marks.
I love flavorful food and this time of year its hard to find good fresh veggies. This salad is so flavorful and even the leftovers are good! It requires a bit of chopping but is so worth it. I had a very hard time finding Greek salad dressing in Nebraska this summer when I was craving this salad, but found a great recipe for making the dressing at home.
Greek Rainbow Salad
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes or Large Tomato, chopped
- 1 Large Cucumber
- ½ Cup Kalamata Olives
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- ¼ Cup Greek Dressing (Kraft or Newman’s Own is good) or try this recipe from Clover Lane
- Season with Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: Feta Cheese or Fresh Mozzarella crumbled on top.
- Chop tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, olives and onion.
- Dump all ingredients together and enjoy!
This recipe keeps well in the fridge for a few days.
It’s hard to believe you are two
we wouldn’t know what to do without you!
Happy Birthday Brett!